Wednesday, March 11, 2009

76. iPhone apps are the haps.

I'll get around to writing a big gushy post about the iPhone at some point, seeing as how the little bugger really has been something of a revolutionary device for my everyday life.

But for now, allow me to express my gratitude and appreciation for several of the third-party iPhone applications that have done wonders for me in the past few weeks. I'll list two in particular for which I'm extremely grateful.

I've recently starting twittering up a storm, thanks in part to Sarah's prolific example. That, and thanks to the switch I made from a less-than-bearably-lame iPhone Twitter app to a great (and free!) one called TwitterFon. Now it's one of my most-commonly used apps; 'cause, y'know, I have some weird fascination with the daily minutia of Shaquille O'Neal's life.

Productive? Maybe not. Addicting? Quite.

(The whole Twitter explosion in the past few months has been an interesting thing to witness, I might add. And I'm not quite sure what to make of it, other than to just try and keep up.)

I've also been doing a lot of songwriting in recent weeks, thanks to the various music-related opportunities I've been given lately--namely, my nascent musical partnership with Lauren. The iTalk app has been a fantastic app in this regard, as I can record song ideas I plunk out on the keyboard and then send them to her via e-mail.

And it's a nice way for me to listen to basic song ideas and chord progressions over and over in the car and come up with melody lines and lyrical concepts.

(None of which are really any good, mind you, but still.)

1 comment:

Sarah W K said...

you made me laugh- calling me a prolific twitterer!

i think i'm lame because i'm mostly bored out of my mind...so i tweet.