Monday, March 16, 2009

78. Things that are fun:

(In no particular order, but primarily based on empirical, real-life experience from the last few days)

- Rock Band. Have we discussed this yet?

- St. Paddy's Day parties with lots of friends, lots of green, lots of Guinness.

- Mustache March (which I, sadly, have not participated in yet; but seeing as how it's been three days since I last shaved, were I to choose to participate, I'd be well on my way to a full-grown beard in about 11 days--give or take a day--which I could then fashion into a mustache of my choosing for a self-imposed very limited time only.)

- Teaching the kids at Sunday School. Even though it means I have to miss the church service (and, to be perfectly honest, I was pretty cranky about having to miss my time of fellowship and worship this week), it's time well-spent. Kids remind me to be young and silly, especially when I need it.

(To wit: we discovered that the plastic IKEA trash makes a great djembe, and we rocked out a massive drum solo on it...until we inadvertently smashed a hole into it, ending our short-lived careers as drum circle-ists, and dashing whatever hopes we may have had of trying out for STOMP.)

- Wedding receptions. Don't get me started on weddings (they dredge up some serious fears in me, i.e. that I'm never going to see the day come for me), but this particular one I attended was simple and stunningly beautiful--the ceremony, at a little cove of gorgeous Pacific Ocean-front serenity in Malibu. An absolutely inspiring and heart-warming event. The reception involved food and dancing--both of which I enjoy immensely.

- Discovering new joints in LA, and new friends as well. The Griffin and The Bigfoot Lodge both won their ways into my heart this weekend with their charm, their unpretentious nature, and the fun/attractive/interesting clientele they attract. Plus, the Bigfoot serves this one drink with a flaming marshmallow on top--so you know it's gotta be a fun place!

- Starting a new Twitter-fad. Or so I hope. Look for it soon, Twitterinos: I call said fad Vanity License Plate Hunting.

(What? I'm a simple man. A simple, strange, man.)

- This crazy board game I played a few weeks ago with some friends.

- Tickling the polyurethanes. That is, my keyboard. Lots of interesting and fun little ditties have been produced in the last two weeks, most of which will never see the light of day, but still!

- Dreaming up the next big adventure of '09 with Austin: Hawaii. I've never been!

- Dreaming up the next big venture of my life with Jon: a start-up company. I've never done!

- Lots of sleep after what's been an insane week month of work. And an insane amount of fun, as it seems after re-reading this post.

1 comment:

anonymous mj said...

I don't know what "Vanity License Plate Hunting" is going to be, but I came up with name for it: "twitterplating." Get it?