Monday, January 19, 2009

47. Emerging

I think one of the best feelings an individual can experience is when he finally emerges from an illness that's been plaguing him for even a few days.

In some cases (especially a cold), the illness can dissipate so slowly and stealthily that you don't even initially recognize that it's more or less gone.

But when you do, oh, what joy! What invincibility you once again feel! What boundless possibilities for the future! I can actually get things done this week! I can be social!

(Well, if it weren't for the limited financial resources...and that pesky, recently-recurred melancholy that apparently didn't get the "cease and desist" memo from a few weeks back.)

Updated: I take that back. Being sick didn't really stop me from being social. Just responsible.

No comments: