Friday, December 5, 2008

Day Four: Sometimes, it's more than a song.

God is bigger than
The air we breathe
The world we'll leave.
God will save the day
And all will say:
My Glorious!

--Delirious?, "My Glorious"
On a day when heartache, loneliness, and disappointment conspired once again to overwhelm my spirit, this song came to me, like a bird, seemingly out of nowhere.

The lyrics are less-than-brilliantly-poetic, sure, but that's fine; the underlying truth is what eased my spirit as the melancholy reached a crescendo late in the afternoon.

He will save the day.

That's not to say that He'll save me from congestion on the 101, from the mundane and unpleasant tasks of the day, from the sting of rejection, or even from the pangs of loneliness.

But in the end, He will save the day. He will redeem it. He will make it good. Not for my sake, but for His.

...

All of that aside, if heartache and loneliness are really the extent of my troubles today, then I gotta say: I'm doing pretty good, all things considered.

(Even if those co-conspirers seem to be doing a nice job of laying siege to my spirit. Which, y'know, kinda does suck.)

1 comment:

s. wells said...

in the end, He will save the day.

a lovely thought! it brings tears to my eyes.
because i like resting in his Peace, that goes beyond, deeper and higher, than everything.