Sunday, December 14, 2008

Day 12: Can't write. Couch-surfing.

The plan: come home after a busy day of hanging out with various friends / engaging in various frivolities, and crank out a post on an R.E.M. song that has been an anthem of sorts for me this year.

The actual outcome: after a fun-filled afternoon and an evening spent dancing until the wee hours of the morn, I decided it best to crash at my friends' house tonight instead.

So the essay on Living Well is the Best Revenge will have to wait. In part, you might say, because I lived pretty damn well today.

That said, let me share another, brief, bit of thanksgiving for the day:

There's something about couch-surfing that I absolutely love.

Why? I'm not entirely sure. Maybe it's that it serves as a confirmation of camaraderie and trust that has been established between friends. Maybe there's something bonding in the act of sharing a dwelling place and communally resting, if even for one night at a time.

Or maybe it's just because I love sleeping on couches.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

i think it's the camaraderie thing... :) thanks again for the oatmeal!

dave said...

My pleasure! Like I told you, my mama raised me to be a gentleman. :)